In Part 1 of this series on content marketing, we argued that schools should stop the interruptive approach to marketing that is so self-promoting! Your audience is likely ignoring your traditional marketing pieces. With highly targeted, high value content, you publish content that addresses your audience’s need, problem, pain, frustration or fear. This is a great way to grow your opt-in list as well as build trust.
In Part 2 of this 2-part series, we talk about:
- Review: What is content marketing?
- Review: Why do we need to be using content marketing?
- Review: What are the 3 most popular types of content?
- What tools to use to create content?
- Collaborating with your team to create content
- Using a calendar ensures your content is created when you need to use it
- How targeted, high-value content will help you grow your email list!
- See below or click here for more PODCAST episodes.
- Suggest a TOPIC or GUEST for the school marketing podcast.
- If you have a question or comment about this episode or any of our school marketing podcast shows, leave us a VOICEMAIL.
- Review our podcast in iTunes – your positive feedback tells other school marketing, admission and communication professionals that this is worth their time (remember, most podcast episodes are only 14 min and 29 seconds long!)
- Subscribe to the school marketing podcast.
TOOLS MENTIONED IN EPISODE #25
- If you want a dynamic website, make sure you create (or contract with a designer who will create) with WordPress.org (self-hosted site; I would not recommend WordPress.com which is a free version, but very limited)
- In terms of hosting, we recommend HostGator
- Ebooks – we use Word (PC) or InDesign (Mac) – then convert it to a PDF
- Phone interviews with Free Conference Call HD
- Audio Acrobat
- Skype + CallRecord (Mac) or Pamela.biz (PC)
- Skype video
- Google Hangout
- Smartphone video
- Webinar service like Go To Webinar
- Any Video Converter
PREVIOUS/RELATED PODCAST EPISODES:
Having trouble with the player?Buffer