Chris Syme, Owner/Partner, CKSyme Media Group, is an outstanding resource for crisis communication and social media safety. In a previous post, we highly recommend Chris’ book on using social media in the midst of a crisis.
In a recent post, Chris presents 5 tips to help parents navigate the world of social media here in 2014 (although I don’t usually like the date my articles, it is only fitting to affix a date to an article about social media so future readers will know from what year we are talking about an ever-changing landscape).
- Establish boundaries and guidelines
- Stay current on what’s going on in the social media world
- Be aware of how social media is used for cyber harassment, and educate
- Offer social media classes for parents and students at all ages
- Consider establishing a “No-Cell Zone”