In April 2013, I had the opportunity to attend the #EdSocialMedia Summit 2013 at the Walnut Hill School for the Arts in Natick, MA, just outside of Boston. In this episode, I will share highlights and takeways from the various speakers who offered practical tips on social media for K12 and HigherEd environments.
I linked to most of the speakers in the shownotes, along with some videos to watch.
– Randy Vaughn (follow me on Twitter: @schoolmktg
- A must site for social media ideas: edsocialmedia.com and on Twitter (@edsocialmedia)
- Antonio Viva – Head of School for the Walnut Hill School for the Arts, Natick, MA
- Michael Stoner – consults to .edu on marketing, web, social media, strategy
- Chris Savage – Co-founder and CEO of @wistia
- Joanna Lord – (*Update* – at the time of the Summit, Joanna was VP of Growth Marketing at SEOmoz)
- Brandon Croke – Director of Marketing at Inigral
- Ian Symmonds – Enrollment management consulting, marketing consultant, positioning, identity (watch the 2012 presentation on “Viral Video: Bringing Culture to the Curb“
- Elisabeth Russo – Assumption High School in Louisville, Kentucky – here’s an article from @edsocialmedia about the viral campaign
- John Hill – Higher Education Evangelist for LinkedIn
- See below or click here for more PODCAST episodes.
- Suggest a TOPIC or GUEST for the school marketing podcast.
- If you have a question or comment about this episode or any of our school marketing podcast shows, leave us a VOICEMAIL.
- Review our podcast in iTunes – your positive feedback tells other school marketing, admission and communication professionals that this is worth their time (remember, most podcast episodes are only 14 min and 29 seconds long!)
- To subscribe to the school marketing podcast, click on the image below: