[Scroll to bottom to listen to interview and to visit shownotes of this post for links to items mentioned in this episode]
Marketing the athletic program is a passion of Coach Jeff Walrich, Director of Atheletics at Gilmour Academy, an independent, Roman Catholic, coeducational, college-preparatory school in the Cleveland suburb of Gates Mills, Ohio.
In this episode, we discuss:
- the role of social media and athletics
- how to “stop the scrolling”
- how Coach Walrich is using graphics on social media to bring recognition to student-athletes
- how parents and grandparents react to the recognition their student-athlete receives
- how to give parents a site where they can download graphics for their child’s scrapbook
- how students are asking Coach Walrich how they can be featured on one of the graphics
- how to manage multiple social media accounts
- the book most recommended by Coach Walrich (and Randy, too) in understanding what to post on social media
- how Coach Walrich is using an APP to increase attendance at all of their athletic events (and other events around campus) and the students love it!
Click below (or click “MORE”) for all the links and action steps from this episode!
[ Pin this image below to share with others….don’t worry the image will enlarge when pinned! ]
- Purchase Photoshop
- Links to Gilmour Academy Athletic #Lancernation social media sites
- Coach Jeff Walrich personal website
- EdSocialMedia.com articles by Coach Walrich: Part #1 “Marketing, Promotion and Social Media at the High School Level” and and a follow-up step-by-step guide in making the graphics, Part #2 “Athletic Design for Marketing, Promotion and Social Media at the High School Level”
- FB image on “Flat Lancer”
- Jay Baer’s book “Youtility” – smart marketing is about help not hype!
- SuperFanU App for increasing attendance through rewards (SuperFanU is for collegiate level; SuperFanHigh is for HighSchool)
- SuperFanU feature of Gilmour Academy
- Email Coach Walrich [ walrichj @ gilmour . org ]
- Tweet to Coach Walrich @GALancerAD or @CoachWalrich
- Pat Flynn’s interview with Nathan Chan (Quoted in this epis0de)
- Review the podcast on Facebook (click DESKTOP or FB MOBILE or APP)
- See ALL the podcast shownotes for each episode of the School Marketing Podcast
- Take a course at the School Marketing Academy
- Sign up for a free 30-minute phone consultation with Randy