Recently Facebook updated it’s policy regarding contests and promotions. In the past, for example, (to be “legal” under Facebook’s guidelines and policies), you were not allowed to ask people to LIKE your page and then make them eligible for a prize or giveaway. Well that has all changed. Click here to see Facebook’s announcement.
We’ve put together a series of articles and resources to help you navigate through this change:
- Social Media Examiner Blog Article- New Facebook Contest and Promotion Rules: What You Need to Know
- Facebook’s Terms and Conditions for Contests and Promotions
- Inside Facebook – What Experts are Saying …
We still believe in using third-party apps to help you with your contests, promotions and sweepstakes. These apps can be helpful, especially when your promotion or contest has a higher level of complexity. Here are some articles and resources to help you through this process:
- Duct Tape Marketing – Running Promotions on Facebook Just Got Easier or Did It?
- Third-party app: Shortstack
- Third-party app: Woobox
- Third-party app: Wildfire by Google – UPDATE: Wildfire App was bought by Google and may no longer be available